This section addresses reasons not fitting in themes of the previous posts.
- High interest in reading: The interest in reading in Finland supersedes socio-economic, cultural, or linguistic background of the students.
- High appreciation for education in general: Education is held in high esteem in society and enjoys political consensus.
- Textbooks: are of high quality and cover contextual relationships, for example, "Science and Society" or "Science and Humans"
- Finnish students assert a higher level of effort in school, and ultimately, PISA.
- Concept of Learning: The rather old-fashioned manner in which teachers see students as responsible for learning, and encourage both individual and cooperative learning processes.